Monday, May 16, 2011

Inspiration / Emulation

My gran-girlies were over the other day, and we were watching... some chick show that I don't remember at the moment, but the girls surprised me when one of them piped up and said; "I get to be her!"

As a girl, my sisters and I did likewise while watching glamorous movie stars, Miss America, or just Disney Princesses... As if just saying those words could magically endow us with the qualities of the person we were admiring.
I was surprised to hear that they still do this! :-)

...To this day there are still beautiful, talented, amazing women who I look up to am inspired by, and try to emulate.

This first card was inspired by Miss Melissa Phillips - the first place I always go for inspiration...
(You may recognize this as the victim of the cutting phantom from the previous post - I gave it some paper 911 and saved it! :-)


Melissa's inspiration piece:


(via lilybeans paperie)

I also found this room that I love, and tried to incorporate the color scheme into my card. (I will probably use this scheme again and again - love it!)


(via Tiny White Daisies)

This card was also inspired by Miss Phillips - I changed out the colors and brightened it up a bit...



Sometimes the inspiration is so perfect as it is, that I can't bear
to change it - at all;

The inspiration for this card was by Viola Mahr, whose work is so tantalizingly yummy - love to just hang on her website and drool...
Her card;

(via Viola Mahr )
.

No comments: