Monday, February 19, 2007

The Drought marches on....

This weekend I got all kinds of fun new goodies in the mail, and couldn't wait for my day off to get busy and create a boat-load of beautiful things - after two days, all I have to show for my efforts is this one card, and I had to "borrow" the design from someone else. (Melissa Phillips - I asked, she said I could!...and very sweetly!)


Man, I am pathetic! Besides putting pressure on myself to create stuff, I have the pressure of having to get everything I might possibly need out of the "scrap/guest" room (and get said creative stuff done before the kids arrive,when I turn into cheif cook and innkeeper) the guilt of all the things that I know I should be doing instead, it's a wonder I even got this done! Sometimes I feel like I should just give it all up - but then to give up being crafty is about the only fun I have in life at the moment, so to give it up is to wither and die! (Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but you get the point - it's important to me.)
Maybe I just need to find a new creative outlet - maybe I've just burned myself out on this one. Aaaarrrrgh!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Your pages and cards are just too pretty to give up!!
Someday your scrappy chariot will arive and all the space will become yours again! (ok, i know that sounds a little cheesy, but it'll give you something to look forward to)
Hope your mojo and time jive together the rest of the week!

Lucy Chesna said...

Great stuff girlie...your mojo will get back ...you just need to come over to MFS and have fune with us...LOL