Monday, April 14, 2008

Everyone's a Critic....

But that's what I get for asking...
My daughter usually gives pretty good advice, so I often ask her opinion if I'm not quite sure which way to go with a project.
I went to her for help with this one today. I asked her what this card needed, but instead she told me it was already too busy and the "Love" brad was in the wrong place, etc, etc, etc...
But, rather than re-do the whole card completely - I'm just going to call it done, OK? ha ha!

This is for Lillybean's Wednesday challenge this week.

Create a card using:

1. the colors BLACK, RED, GREEN, and CREAM.

2. any occasion OTHER than Christmas.

3. make your own FLOWERS.

4. include TRIM.




I used Foof-a-la, Making Memories, and Stampinup papers. The "Love" brad is Provo Craft, the checkerboard one?...I'm going to have to check into that (?)
The trim is a left-over from my sewing stash.

I love the embellishments Melissa makes with old sheet music, but couldn't bear to punch holes in mine, so I downloaded some and aged it with Tim Holtz tea dye ink. (Beethoven's "Pathetique" Sonata - one of my favorites! I was going for a dramatic looking card, so the music might as well match, right?) hee hee.
Anyway, that's my effort for this week.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Ohhh...look at that sweet flower---this is so fun and gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along.
Melissa