Friday, September 21, 2007

It's Over...* Edited*


I made this card for a DT call - and they finally gave the green light to post these now.
I mainly entered because a friend told me I should. I think she has more confidence in my ability than I do!
I do like doing things like this once in a while, not because I think I can win, but just because it challenges me to "push the envelope" a bit and try to do a little better than my "best work." So it's not so much about the competition, it's more like a "creative exercise."
I made this with Basic Grey's Recess 6x6 papers. The design was inspired by a Becky Fleck layout sketch - I just picked it apart and used one element from it.
When I received these papers in the mail, honestly, I didn't like them that much - but after I played with them a little, I totally fell in love!...amazing how that happens! I love how the colors look together, and the textures too - now I think it's one of my favorite lines! Just ordered a bunch in the 12 x 12 size.

2 comments:

Lucy Chesna said...

I have faith in you girlie...you rock and an awesome scrapper

Jaime said...

you know i am a big fan of basic grey! and that card ROCKS!!! love ya granny!