Sunday, September 30, 2007

Whew!




My daughter in law invited me to her "girl's night out" this week, and her sister taught us to make these albums. I knew we were going to do this, so I decided to use it for my entry for Libby's Rusty Pickle mini album challenge at Scrapbook Doodles.
The problem was that for Rusty Pickle being a Utah company, for some reason it is almost impossible to find here! I found some really old outdated ones at my LSS, and planned to use those, but my friend Jaime said she had some Princess Bride ones that she wasn't using, so she sent me those. (Which I love! Thanks Jaime!)
I used every last inch of 2 of those papers!
Lesson learned from this project? I will never wait till the last minute on a challenge like this again! It is too stressful! I was up until past midnight last night trying to finish it up and get it posted for today's deadline. Everything that could possibly go wrong - did!
But I do like how it turned out. I used a sketch from Sketch This cards for the cover. The chipboard is Rusty Pickle, and the ribbon was also sent to me by Jaime. The stamp is a generic one I bought at a craft fair this summer.
The tag on the inside cover says "Happiness is:" and all the little photos are of things that make me happy!
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

AWESOME ALBUM!! i love all the tags.......that is just too cool! fingers crossed for you here that you win the contest!

Kaz said...

Hi I've found this blog vis blog hopping and this album is amazing! Do you know if there is a tutorial online anywhere for this, I'd love to have a go.

Scrapworthy said...

I'm thinking of posting a tutorial for a mini version of this for National Cardmaking Day Oct. 6 (if I can get it done in time!)...so check back in later...

Kaz said...

Thanks for that, I will definately keep checking, much appreciated.

Sunnymommie said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!