Saturday, June 27, 2009

Excuses and a Recipe

Just want you to know, I'm not slacking off here.
I have been busily creating this week, but I can't post anything yet...
(I'll explain later)
So, while you wait, I'll share a recipe I've been promising to post on my personal blog. It's for my new favorite snack - "Muddy Buddies".
My daughter made this for me one night. I was skeptical when she started - chocolate cereal? Ick. But she had me taste one, and I couldn't leave the stuff alone. She had to stop me so there would be enough to make the recipe! LOL

Anyway, it's one of those Chex Mix things - make it when there's lots of people around, or you'll scarf it all down yourself - it's addicting!

Chex® Muddy Buddies®


Ingredients

9 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions

1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

(use the link in the title to go to the website for more details, nutritional information, etc.)

1 comment:

libbym said...

ok.. i came here to look at your work and I am leaving 10 lbs fatter~ love ya girlie~