I chose one that I could use for Father's day. It's pretty simple, but do men usually like fussy things?
...Mine don't seem to.
Anyway, my hubby loves the mountains, and wildlife, so I had him in mind for this one.
He is an awesome dad. That was one of the reasons I chose him - I loved watching him interact with his little sisters, and knew that he would be a kind and loving parent.
Something that was very important to me...

(Everything here is Stampinup)
My dad is no longer with us, but I want to take a minute to pay tribute, if I may.
My dad was one of the last of the real live Arizona cowboys.
He loved horses, and he loved the outdoors.
(photo taken about age 18)

He also valued education, and later in life, worked for the local steel plant, doing studies on it's effects on the area's livestock.
He raised quarter horses during my growing up years, and prided himself on the quality of his line of animals.
He wrote this poem many years ago - just a sample of his love for the critters:
(Click on the poem to read it more clearly)

Dad was also known to rodeo a little bit. I remember when I was in grade school, going with the family to watch him participate in the calf roping segment of a small local rodeo.
He would have been in his 50's, and hadn't done anything like this for years.
He broke his foot dismounting from his horse, but still managed to win!
He was awesome.
Miss you dad, and Happy Father's Day!
.

2 comments:
i love that deer stamp and that pic of your dad is awesome!
What a precious photo of your dad! Thanks for sharing such a sweet story.
Post a Comment