Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Playing catch-up

I'm so far behind, that I never will, (catch up)...just got to keep plugging away.
I just finished reading Ali Edward's new book. At the end she says that everyone is a creative person - I certainly didn't feel that way today! I feel like I have been chronically, even terminally blocked lately! It took me 4 hours just to come up with an idea for the first one (#2here). I guess the trick is to just keep at it, the second one came a little easier...
The temptation for me, was to stop with the layouts and do some of those cool canvases Ali's used as her chapter headings in the book - they look so fun! I may have to try that one day...
Here are two layouts from last fall - the Halloween one is a scrap lift of one of Yvonne's awesome layouts. (Thanks Yvonne!) I used Scenic Route Salem papers & stickers...

For this one, I used Melissa Frances papers & stickers, and Scenic Route chipboard letters.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I have accepted the fact that I will never catch up!! I feel silly when I am scrapbooking photos from 3 years ago, but I guess at least they are getting done. These both look great!

Tracey Taylor said...

I will never catch up either!! Glad you were able to push through the slump and create two gorgeous works of art. :)

Jaime said...

I love them both!! awesome layouts!

Yvonne said...

Looks great Pat! I added the first layout to our "Shop by Layout" section. Thanks!
http://www.scrapbookdoodle.com/layout67.html